Our House So Far...

6.2.15




It has been over two and a half weeks now that Kevin and I have moved in together and it has been a treat so far (excluding the situation I have going on which I mentioned in my previous post).

I was terrified of moving out in the final days of living in my family home. I almost didn’t want to move out at all but I am glad I stuck to it because right now I don’t think I could be any happier. Living by myself has already taught me so much about not only life itself but I have discovered things about myself I hadn’t before. For example, it turns out that I actually don’t mind cooking. In my family home I would often dread if I had to cook but since moving out I have been cooking almost every night and have been enjoying it so far (which I will share in another post).  And believe it or not, I actually don’t mind cleaning either.

Although I find cooking and cleaning enjoyable, there is something else that I find even more satisfying. And that’s being able to design and decorate my own home.

Kev has been an absolute gem – he has allowed me to be a complete control freak and perfectionist when it comes to decorating our home.

This is what I was most excited to share with you and I couldn’t wait until it was completely done so for now I thought I would share with you what our home looks like so far.

As you can see in the pictures above I have gone for a “light theme”; a lot of whites, beiges and blues. I’m in love. We still have other rooms to complete, but this is so far the downstairs of the house (which still isn’t finished).

I can't wait to show you more.

13 comments:

  1. beautiful, Jes. the area looks so clean and fresh, great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Very homely and I love all the white! Looking forward to seeing more. I'm glad that you're very happy with your decision to move out even if you were apprehensive at first. I'm moving in a couple of months to a new city all by myself and I'm terrified but excited and ready for a new adventure. I think you just know when it's time...

    erin // beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright and airy your home fells. Great job decorating! I would love to read more about your cooking... maybe you could even share some recipes? :)

    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma!

      I may do that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh yes! I love the lightness and whites in your home! I hope your windows are big and bright! It's good to hear you don't regret anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New places are so much fun, you feel all renewed with creativity and ideas on how you want each room to look. Great calm colour scheme. Enjoy your new adventures living together!

    www.ohheyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks so nice and light! glad to hear you're enjoying your new place:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks lovely! I like how spacious and comfortable it looks.

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the simplicity of your house!

    VONNYDU

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like something right out of a catalogue! Be very proud of your progress on the new place :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house looks absolutely stunning Jes!!! And it looks comfortable at the same time as being light and simplistic, which is really well done, because often light and simplistic homes can easily become stark and unwelcoming, but yours doesn't seem at all like that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so exciting! So so so exciting! It's looking beautiful :) It's very you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! Loving the blue and white theme :) everything looks so cute

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

I love you! ♡

 

Naturally Jes © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger