“In you I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend” - Unknown
So, just last week I was wandering around on Bloglovin’, as I do, and I stumbled upon Louise’s post I Love You Because.
Reading through the post I felt as though I related to Louise so much in ways I couldn’t explain, even if I tried. The way she spoke about how she was “quick to temper” and was quick to see her significant other’s flaws – it was almost as though Louise took the words right out of my mouth. Or mind.
And it’s true what Louise’s friend, Clare, advised “instead of a quick ‘love you!’ try saying ‘I love you because…’ It “struck a cord” with Louise, just as well it did for me, and so I felt as if it was appropriate to do the same through a blog post tonight.
001. I love you because you can tolerate me like no one else has before.
002. I love you because you take care of me when no one else is there to take care of me.
003. I love you because you manage to make me smile when I’m at my lowest.
004. I love you because you love me for who I am – you say I don’t need make-up, or fancy dresses to impress you or to make me look beautiful.
005. I love you because you respect me.
006. I love you because you trust me.
007. I love you because you support me endlessly.
008. I love you because when I’m beyond stubborn – always almost – you stay with me.
009. I love you because you understand me, and hold me when I have my crazy anxiety attacks.
010. I love you because you always try.
011. I love you because you’ve turned me into an optimist rather than a pessimist.
012. I love you because you let me talk endlessly about my future. The day I marry, the day I have children.
013. I love you because you lie with me, and watch the sappiest, sentimentalist, and foolish romantic films of all time.
014. I love you because you’re you.
As Louise said "whoever it is you're saying, 'I love you' to, I'd encourage you to add a 'because' on there and strengthen your sentiments so much more"